Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I'm a goddamn genius

So NaNoWriMo is going swimmingly, and by "swimmingly" I mean I wrote a paragraph.  The problem isn't that I don't have ideas or a story to tell, the problem is that I'm a notorious self-saboteur.  Just this week I decided that, due to abject poverty, I was going to make Stinkbug's Christmas gifts.  I'm a pretty crafty kid, and had I made this decision two months ago I would have nothing to blog about right now.  But no.  I'm not making one, but two fairly large projects.  The first is a dragon scarf that was originally intended as a costume, complete with a matching outfit for the dog.  Because people do that.

Whatever.


I'm also doing something so fucking sweet and twee that I expect to be murdered by every Pinteresting mom on the planet for actually doing one of these kinds of projects.  Are you ready to barf?  Seriously, even I'm disgusted with myself.  I'm taking the hospital receiving blanket that Stinkbug was wrapped in when he was born, and turning that mofo into a stuffed teddy bear.  What's worse is that while I'm no stranger to the sewing machine, I've never actually made a stuffed animal.  That I've chosen to make my first attempt at doing so with a treasured keepsake is just galling.  Really.  I'm a fucking idiot.

What's worse is that I'm also working on a new needlework project.  People were rather fond of my "pumpkin spice" themed cross-stitch, so I've decided to try my hand at a holiday Krampus design.  I don't have a picture to post for this, because I'm eyeballing it, so here's a charming illustration of the Christmas Devil--suitable for children!

Festive.


Speaking of things I make, I have a Zazzle store now.  I figure, hell, I own my own images.  Why not sell a bunch of junk featured said images, see how that goes?  So, if you're looking for somewhat expensive apparel or a, frankly, charming coffee mug, check it out.  Help me feed the Bob The Cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment