Friday, January 12, 2018

Spiritualism and Magick & Macabre

I legit thought I was going to miss out on this month's Wicked Witch sub box because by the time I had a little money in the bank they were completely sold out.  But then more boxes were added!  And I missed out on those too.  But then!  But THEN!  A few more boxes were added again!  And this time I got a box, and just in time.  Because I literally got my order in the week they were being shipped out.

Talk about waiting until the last minute.  I like to fly by the seat of my pants.





Paranormal Tea Party
After how good the last wax melts I'd gotten from Magick & Macabre, I was super excited to see more in this month's box.  And I was not disappointed.  The scent profile is very different; where the Belfana melts smelled like a warm and cozy dessert treat, Tea Party is very floral and a little...spicy?  Zesty, perhaps?  I dunno.  My only concern is that florals and I don't always mix, and I'm a little scared that this might trigger my asthma.  On the other hand, Belfana was such a light, delicate scent and this may follow suit.  So far Magick & Macabre hasn't felt the need to hit me over the head with their scents, making for very pleasant additions to my evening relaxation routine.  Nothing I've gotten from this company would overpower, say, the smell of my cooking (so much garlic, so much chili) but they're very nice when they're not having to compete with other scents.





Bay Laurel
Bay leaves are a common herb used for divination and fortune telling.  I've never used it because I never think to.  I have a crap ton of Bay leaves in my kitchen, which typically end up in my pollo or pavo for sandwiches.  For someone who relies on kitchen supplies for their practical magic, I sure do just end up eating most of my ingredients.  By the way, if you don't know, don't just eat Bay leaves.  You will be very sad.

Included with this little bag of Bay is what I imagine is some folk magic to divine the identity of you soulmate.  I'm tempted to give it a try, but I'm concerned that I'd only receive bad news. Like I don't have a soulmate, or they're just incredibly crappy.  Or one of my exes. 

I ran into one of my exes the other day.  He pretended to not see me, and I did the same. I'm sure he was hoping I wouldn't recognize him but I'd recognize that misshapen head anywhere regardless of how much he looks like a heroin addict now-a-days.  I'd really hate to find out that he's my soulmate.





Wormwood
Wormwood has a bad rap because of its association with absinthe.  Absinthe had the reputation of being mildly hallucinogenic, but would later be found to be the cause of several deaths.  It was assumed that its traditional ingredients were to blame, and was in turn banned in the U. S.  It has come to light in recent years that, more than likely, ingredients like wormwood weren't the cause at all, but instead the lead in absinthe bottles, as well as some extras added to intoxicate and inebriate the drinker faster.  

What am I going to do with a bag full of wormwood?  No idea.  I'm open to suggestions.





Incense Cones
The only fly in the ointment is this.  Because of allergies and asthma I can't use incense of any type.  I wasn't always like this.  I can only assume that overexposure from years of burning incense while getting stoned out of my gourd is to blame.  There is no "may" to it, I'm definitely giving this away.  Possibly on Instagram.  No contests, just whoever raises their hand, so to speak, first.



Cat not included.


Divination Kit
This is easily one of the coolest things I've gotten in a box, right along with that sweet ass spoon I got in November.  The box is a standard wood box, like one that you would buy at an art supply store, that had been stained and has the image of a Tarot card Mod Podged over top.  In the box was a miniature deck of standard playing cards, some mugwort (I think.  I honestly don't remember exactly, and I don't feel like finding the paper.), and a piece of quartz with amethyst.  Also included, but not shown in this picture, were directions for reading standard cards for divination.  This is a fun skill to have, and not many people know how.  I used to be able to, though not in the fashion shown in the directions, and I'm pretty stoked to give this a try.



Cat still not included.


Cameo Necklace
Not technically magical, but how excited was I when I saw it?!  I have a long standing love of cameos, and this one is very pretty.  I had to take it off to take a picture of it because I literally shoved the box aside upon its discovery to ooh and ahh over it, then put it on and show everyone.  And by everyone I mean my mom.  She's super jelly.

Not Pictured
Not pictured is a cute ghost shaped soap that came in this box.  Why haven't I got a picture of it?  Because my mom stole it.  By "accident."  I've already called her to tell her I'm getting my soap back.  My soap.  Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment